Audi is entering a new vehicle class with the new Audi A1 arriving to Dubai and the northern Emirates this month. The compact A1 condenses all of the virtues of the brand with the four rings – a progressive design, uncompromising quality and groundbreaking efficiency – within a space of less than four meters.
Audi celebrates the launch of the next big Audi with the Audi AreA1 from April 28th to May 4th at The Burj Steps between Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Mall, in front of The Dubai Fountain. Activities include A1 drive experiences with certified Audi instructors, a live broadcast by Virgin Radio Dubai 104.4’s drive show announcer Brent Black and a competition to win the chance to drive the new Audi A1 for a year as well as other great prizes.
The lucky winners were Hadi Ammar and Mirna Isaam Abi Haidar with their daughter Tamara.
K. Rajaram, CEO of Al Nabooda Automobiles, commented “The A1 is a modern city car especially for the young generation. We thought it’s only fitting that the next big Audi is celebrated in style at Dubai’s tallest landmark, Burj Khalifa.
We would like to thank Emaar for the opportunity and wish all visitors lots of fun with our new Audi A1.
“Its highly modern design integrates the A1 into the Audi family. The large single-frame grille, the distinctive roof arch and coupe-like C-pillars are among its defining style elements. The interior of the A1 is surprisingly spacious, bright and airy. The attention lavished on numerous details underscores the premium character of the A1 while innovative materials and modern colors emphasize the youthful character of the A1. Whether colored air vents, LED interior lights or seat covers in expressive colors – customization is the key. There are even a variety of paint finishes from which to choose for the roof arch.
The available infotainment and multimedia systems of the Audi A1 come directly from the luxury class. The top of the line is MMI navigation plus, a media center that sets new standards in the compact segment and borrows from the system used in Audis new A8 flagship.
The newest Audi is always great fun to drive thanks to its sporty setup. Audi
is rolling out the new model with a 122 hp four-cylinder 1.4 TFSI engine, which impresses with exemplary fuel economy – a standard cycle value of 5.3 liters per 100 kilometers. It follows the downsizing principle by substituting turbocharging for displacement and the recuperation system further helps to provide the efficiency that comes standard in the Audi A1.
The Audi A1 starts from only AED 89,900 and is available as of now. As a standard for the Middle East it comes with especially developed super hot country settings, 4 years / 60.000 km service and 3 years warranty.
At a glance
Design and body
– Distinctive, progressive, coupe-like design, encompassing shoulder line, large wheel arches, distinctive roof arch optionally available in contrasting color
– Headlights with characteristic appearance, optional xenon plus (standard on 1.4 TFSI Ambition) with LED daytime running lights, three-dimensionally styled tail lights
– High-strength body with excellent crash characteristics
Interior and equipment
– Dynamic, modern interior design
– Innovative materials and modern colors, premium fit-and-finish
– Two trim lines – Attraction & Ambition – and media style package, many customization options, numerous comfortable and sporty features available
– On-board computer with efficiency program standard with the Ambition trim line
– Modern infotainment technologies available,
– Fold-out display as a standard
– High-performance navigation system with MMI operating concept
– Interfaces for cellular phone and mobile music storage media
– Connectivity package including navigation system preparation for the later integration of a card-based navigation system
– Bose surround system with 14 speakers and high-end sound
– 122 hp 1.4 TFSI engines, with turbocharging and direct fuel injection for power and high efficiency
– Recuperation as a standard
– Seven-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission
– Sporty chassis with wide track and direct steering ratio
– Balanced axle load distribution and low total weight
– ESP stabilization system with electronic front limited slip differential to bolster the agile handling