By Sharmila Dhal, Senior Reporter www.gulfnews.com
Dubai: Almost four weeks after its sudden closure on February 6, the observation deck at the world’s tallest tower is yet to reopen.
While staff at the booking counter at the Burj Khalifa were seen telling guests on March 1 that At the Top on the 124th floor would be reopened within a week’s time, an official statement from the tower management maintained that it continued to be shut down for maintenance.
Meanwhile, some guests who hold valid tickets are yet to get a refund as confusion prevailed over how they could get their money back. The guests had been given an option to re-book or receive an immediate refund by the management.
An Ajman-based executive said a friend of hers had made a booking for the two of them for February 16, but had not received a confirmation, let alone a refund.
“The credit card statement clearly says a sum of Dh210 has been deducted, but repeated phone enquiries with the Burj Khalifa management were unsuccessful,” the executive said, adding that a personal visit had to be finally made to fill out a form.
“It remains to be seen if we will now get the booking receipt without which we cannot get a refund,” the executive said.
A staff at the booking counter, however, claimed that most of the refunds that had been sought had been cleared. While refunds for online credit card bookings may take up to three weeks, especially in the case of tourists living abroad, cash payments get an immediate refund, he added.